Re: Topband: BCB interference on 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB interference on 160
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:06:48 -0700

>  Excuse me but dielectric loss is what determines Q and in this case it
> is synonomous with capacitance. Conductor loss is lower also.

Dielectric loss of polyethylene coax at HF is negligible.
A lower dielectric constant does reduce conductor losses, so lower
capacitance corresponds to lower losses, but only if the construction is
otherwise identical.  Coax that is much larger in diameter will have
lower losses than small coax even if it has more capacitance.

Rick N6RK
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK