Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 11:57:31 -0500
Welcome to the Topband. I don't operate as much as most people here do (I
have a soldering iron in my hand far more than a key or mic), but I've found
it true that you need:

1. A vertical antenna for transmitting :
http://www.w0btu.com/160_meters.html

2. And Beverage antennas for receiving:
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

Since you have 7 acres, there's no reason not to put up a long, low
Beverage! :-)  They are so easy to get working. You will hear FAR more
countries on them than you will your vertical.

Just be sure to point them where the DX is.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK