Re: Topband: RF attenuators

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RF attenuators
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:18:52 -0400
I highly recommend the articles by Jack Smith, K8ZOA on the Clifton Labs
web-site.  One title talks about 6 dB splitters, but there is much more
test data there, including tests of a TV splitter.  See
<http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/6_db_hybrid_combiner.htm> and
<http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/Documents/Notes%20on%20Building%20a%20Z10050A.pdf>,

which deals with the design and construction of a 3 dB hybrid coupler,
with emphasis on good IMD performance, as well as  low loss and good
isolation.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,