Re: Topband: Anyone using a DX Engineering DXE-ARAH2-1p active dipole an

Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone using a DX Engineering DXE-ARAH2-1p active dipole antenna?
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:44:17 -0400
> From:  vtnn43e@comcast.net
> Date:  Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:13:07 +0000 (UTC)
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list uses a DX Engineering DXE-ARAH2-1p
active
> dipole antenna and how well does it work on 160 and 80?
>
> 73 Zack N8FNR

We are using one on the PJ2T CW Skimmer Server (located at the VERONA club
station PJ2A in Willemstad, Curacao) and find that it is *not* working well
on 160 and 80. Seems to work great on 40m up, and we had set the jumpers for
the low bands.

It is not installed in a fantastic lowband location (it's a city and
industrial area), and is up only 25-feet or so, but it seems *very*
insensitive on 160 and 80.

Spots from the PJ2T Skimmer Server can be seen on the Reverse Beacon Network
at http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1.php?f=0&c=PJ2T&t=de

73,  Jeff  K8ND

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK