Re: Topband: TDR and beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TDR and beverages
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:47:19 -0500
WOW! This sure got my attention. I have a Tektronix 465B and two
bi-directional Beverages. The thought of using it as a TDR is exciting. Can
you provide any more details of what you've done (like sweep freq settings,
etc.)? TIA.

73 Mike
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Lee K7TJR <k7tjr@msn.com> wrote:

>  The Tek 465 and many other scope models can be used as a TDR
>  without building any circuitry. One simply needs to take the A  gate
>  signal out of the rear panel of the scope and connect it in parallel with
> the transmission line or antenna under test at the vertical scope input.
>  The gate signal provides a fast rise pulse on the line under test at the
>  beginning of the trace. Of course the sweep must be free running.
> Reflections are easily seen as a result. I have used this very
>  technique with both single and dual direction Beverage antennas.
> Lee  K7TJR  OR

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK