Re: Topband: Top Band INactivity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band INactivity
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:32:18 -0500
>> From: "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
>>or has general activity on
>> 160-meters declined significantly in the past few
>>weeks...?

There was plenty of activity on TB last night (Thursday
night). DF2PY was a solid S9 in South Florida. There were
many other EU stations with solid S8 and S7 signals. QSB
was very deep but noise was not excessive. I started
working EU with 25 watts while the PA was warming up and I
was getting S7 reports. Conditions must have been
excellent. TB rewards those who wait!

There must also be a compounding effect; when conditions
are poor fewer stations stay on the band and when
conditions are good, more stations get on it.

Cheers and 73,

George, AA7JV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK