Re: Topband: Remote Receivers

To: John Nemo <nemojohn@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote Receivers
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:43:37 -0700
It seems we have a collision of ethical philosphies. As most of us in the US
are more familiar with poltical philosophy than basic ethical philosophy
I'll define the view of HS0ZIA and Michael in those terms. HS0ZIA takes a
Libertarian philosophy where an individual is responsible for himself;
government does not control him. Michael takes the Republican philsophy
which is to control the individual and his actions.

    Dave WX7G

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM, John Nemo <nemojohn@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hello. Re:, Brendan,and his remote receiver. Using a remote
> receiver/transmitter
> is ,CHEATING,CHEATING,CHEATING. It also displays a lack of skill,REAL
> HAMS,find
> the stations for themselves,digging the signals out of the noise,etc.If
> they
> arent there,they try another time.SDR remote receivers are helping to kill
> ham
> radio. These people are just "chaters" who belong on the internet. As I
> suspect
> it will grow and grow,a delay must be installed on the receivers to make it
> clear that the "QSO,s" are phony. Mark,PA5MW,well said,you have summed it
> up
> perfectly. Bob,HS0ZIA,your comment,"!the ethics are up to the
> individual!",is
> the attitude that has the World in the mess its in. 73 Michael.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK