Topband: Where Are All The JAs?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Where Are All The JAs?
From: W8FJ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:20:31 EST
I guess some people are forgetting the fantastic top band numbers posted
during the CQWW CW Test in Nov.  If I'm not mistaken, two stations worked
160M DXCC in that 24-hour period.  I assure you that although there are  fewer
JAs, the DX is most definitely there.

John,  W8FJ

On 23trd December, Bob wrote:

"...The question I ask is the  following: What happened to all the JA
stations on  160?"

Hi Bob,

I  would go even one step further with that question, and ask, "What
happened
to  all the *DX* stations on 160?"

The far-off stations have really been  conspicuous in their absence on
Topband of late---for days, actually. And  those that are there, even the
perennial stalwarts, are way down in signal  strength...

To-day both the "A" & "K" indices on WWV were at zero,  and there have been
no spots on the face of Ol Sol for days now, which (I  think!) is a portend,
generally, of some good conditions on 160-meters...but  the reality is
otherwise.

Can it really be time to undust the ol'  stamp collection here...?! Hi Hi

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI -  VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK