Re: Topband: F connectors on RG6

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: F connectors on RG6
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:01:09 +1300
Well, this Reflector has once again proved its value.  Many thanks to
all the guys who gave me input on this subject.  I am now set up with
the right cable, connectors, stripper, and crimp tool.  If anyone else
has been wondering about this problem, and would like a pic of my kit,
let me know, and I will send one off list.

I wish I had gone for the flooded RG6 solution right at the start of my
remote Rx project, as it's only about 10c/m more expensive than the
lousy RG59 I have been using.  I have had years of problems with high
insertion loss, corroding foil, and water ingress, that could have been
avoided.

Oh well, they say that there's no point in getting older, if you don't
get wiser!

73, Greg, ZL3IX
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK