Re: Topband: Stealth Copper weld Antenna wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stealth Copper weld Antenna wire
From: kd6nrp@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:48:48 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Hi Bob:

Stealth is a major consideration at my QTH.

I live in a neighborhood with antenna restrictions and close proximity between
houses. My antenna is also silohutted against the sky due to a lack of trees.

"The WireMan" sells 18 gauge copper clad steel wire that would probably do the
job. For maximum stealth, you could let the wire oxidize and then paint it with
dull, medium gray paint (such as auto body primer). I have bought this wire
from The WireMan and may have used it for an tentenna or two.

A year or two ago I purchased a roll of a thinner copper clad steel wire (24
gauge) from a different distributor. However, I have second thoughts about
using it because it may be too thin and may break due to repeated flexing from
the wind.

I hope that helps.

73

Brian, KD6NRP