Topband: MY INTERFERENCE PROBLEM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MY INTERFERENCE PROBLEM
From: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 08:58:00 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to  my request for help on the intermittent
noise problem.  Many suggested a bad streetlight, and that appears to be the
cause.

I went out at dusk the other evening and located FIVE streetlights doing
exactly the same thing: four sodium lights in the nearby village and one
mercury vapour within 1/2 km of my home.  While they are on, a particular
light produces no noise when parked underneath, but when off and attempting
to turn on noise appears.  The problem is-with five bad lights all within a
couple of km there is almost always noise until daylight comes and the light
sensors kick in, turning off power to the ballasts.  Suddenly the band goes
deathly quiet!

Again, thanks.

73, Bill VE3CSK/VE3NH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK