Topband: Pneumatic device for throwing antenna wire over the top of a tr

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Pneumatic device for throwing antenna wire over the top of a tree
From: Tomas Magyla <tomas.magyla@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:17:07 +1100
Dear all

some time ago there were some discussions on reflector about how to
make a pneumatic device that could be used to launch a fishing line
with sinker over a top of a tree for attaching wire antennas..

I would be greatful if someone could point me to the right direction
where to find that info.

After wasting a couple of hours or so in complete darkness when my
antenna kite has fallen down during the Oceania CW contest last
weekend, and trying to throw a sinker/piece of rope to support wire
vertical (well it was 80m not 160m), I realised enough is enough..

73 de VK2CCC

www.qrz.lt/ly1df
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK