Re: Topband: wire on the ground antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: wire on the ground antenna
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:25:47 -0500
Has anyone ever tried a BUG (Beverage under ground)?  No, I'm asking
seriously.  Maybe just at the grass roots.  I expect you would need a
good preamp, but that can be done.  NEC2 can't even attempt to analyze
this.  I know a guy that had a BUL (Beverage under lake) and he liked
it, but I don't know how well it really worked.

Jerry, K4SAV

k3bu@optimum.net wrote:
> Uhm,
> isn't BOG - Beverage On the Ground variety?
> What you describing is DOG - Dipole On Ground.
>
> I used to have BOG run as a long Beverage wire, mostly unterminated, just
> laying on the ground, or tucked along the curb of the asphalt road.
>
> Another version was LOP - Loop On Ground. Originally intended as a electric
> dog fence around the property, about 460ft loop, burried about 1" in ground.
> By the time I put it down, dog got smart and did not need it. So I put 600
> ohm transformer on it between the ends and VO1LA - it worked and heard what
> Inv Vee could not. Seemed to be non band discriminatory.
>
> For stealth BIT Beverage In Toilet, one can flush the tennis ball with wire
> attached to it down the toilet and have the underground one.
>
> 73  Yuri  K3BU.us

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK