Topband: Inverted-L Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted-L Help
From: "Joe Dubeck" <NA9A@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:43:49 -0500
I know it's the wrong time of the year but I'm about to become a
newbie on 160 and plan to erect an Inverted-L transmit antenna of
the side of my 120' tower, primarily to work DX.

The plan is to feed an insulated #8 ga. vertical wire at 10' off
the ground so I can then use four elevated radials.  The vertical
wire segment will go up 110' attached at each end to non-radiating
standoffs holding the wire three feet out from the tower side.
The top-horizontal segment will be around 13' long using the
(234/1.9) formula, and since I don't have another support at that
height, the top section will probably slope down at a 30 degree
angle from horizontal.

My questions to the group are 1) If instead of one, I run two
parallel wire the full length, spaced a foot apart, will I gain
much if any bandwidth?  2) Do my dimensions and plan make sense?

Other considerations:

I don't think I can properly load the tower itself because the
first set of guys at 30' are not broken with insulators and
therefore is grounded.

I have a KLM 40M-4 at 121' and a KLM KT34-XA at 136' on this tower
but since the planned Inverted-L  won't be attached to the tower,
will there still be a top-loading capacitive hat effect to deal
with?

I'm going to run perpendicular Beverages through the woods for
receive.

Thanks and 73

Joe, NA9A

St. Charles, IL (36 Miles west of Chicago)

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK