Re: Topband: Solid state relays for a Commander 2500

To: <k8gg@voyager.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Solid state relays for a Commander 2500
From: "Robin" <wb6tza@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 00:18:44 -0700
those should be pretty standard solid state switches.  I don't recall them
being a problem in the 2500 I worked on some years ago

Are you satisfied that the switches themselves are the problem and not the
controls to them?

http://www.crydom.com/en/Products/Catalog/c_w24.pdf

CWA2425 looks like the plain vanilla model that should do   Any of the
added suffixes should also work if found surplus

pick what you want and then hunt for whoever has it, one of the majors will
have what you need, or call Crydom and see who has it in stock

I don't have a place on tap, but there should be plenty of this class
device around in the places with surplus stock, "new" old stock, etc., as
well as EBay.  I carry a few of these with DC controls in my remote site
service kit & I picked them up at various times at decent prices

73

Robin, WA6CDR