Re: Topband: A desert ?

To: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A desert ?
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:55:41 -0400
>> and also try the high end of
>> the BC band and use Pacific AM Radio stations as an
>> indicator of your RX capabilities. ...
>>

> Hi Herb,
>
> Do you know where one could get a list of English (no speaka other language
> here) Pacific AM radio stations? Sounds like a great idea to check
> propagation in the hours before sunrise.
>
> 73,
> Mike Waters
> W0BTU

Glad to Help Mike,

Go to fcc.gov and select the media page where you can list by geographic
district and frequency range all AM radio stations in the United States.

Select Audio Divison
Select AM Radio
Select CA (California)
Range 1500 lower to 1700 upper

Watch out for stations that have DA or Directional Patterns as these
could have a night time pattern in the direction away from you .  ND
indicates non-directional a most likely to at least a 1/4 wave vertical
over a good ground.   On the top of the band I found KFSG in
Roseville.CA which the records say is a 10KW non-directional on
1690Khz.    If you are interested in Guam, NMI or American Samoa you
will find them listed to.

Let me know how it works out.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK