Re: Topband: A desert ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A desert ?
From: f5phw@free.fr
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:51:35 +0200 (CEST)
Hello everybody

Many many many tnx for all messages you sent me.
I received more than 30 mails !

I have heard few stations calling HC8GR this evening ut they were very weak.

One good info for me : FK8CP is not calling CQ on 160, it is a good way to know
if propagation is ok or not.

OUF !!! It is still working.

73 to all and tnx again.

FO8RZ Phil

Due to a crash server; web site is now on http://f5phw.hamlogs.net/

----- f5phw@free.fr a écrit :

> Hello everybody.
>
> Question for US, ZL and VK stations.
>
> Since 1 month, top band is like a desert here in souht Pacific.
> The only QSO I made were ZK3YA and one VK station.
>
> 80 m seems to be a desert also.
>
> Sometimes, I go on this bands, send CQ, (autospot also on cluster) and
> there is no QSO.
>
> I am not used to work DX on low bands, I just want to know if :
>
> - it is due to solar activity who is better for high bands.
> - it is just the bad season for low bands.
>
> Best 73 de FO8RZ Phil in Tahiti.
>
> 160-80 : INV L 36 M and 500 watts. (tnx tx4t)
>

> Due to a crash server; web site is now on http://f5phw.hamlogs.net/
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK