Re: Topband: Newbie report

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Newbie report
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:04:38 +1300
Hi Mark,

I guess that Remi may have been 599 with someone, but not on TB, rather
on 18 MHz.  That happens quite often, as guys mistype, leaving out one
character, and the result is a spot on TB.  There is no way that anyone
in the US would have heard Remi on TB at 04z, as it's about  31/2 hrs
before his SS (and mine).

73, Greg, ZL3IX

Mark Lunday wrote:
> FK8CP spotted as 599 in AR at 0400 UTC, I could not hear even a whisper.
> Maybe chordal ducting (I keep ON4UN's book on my nightstand for re-reading
> each evening at bedtime)

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK