Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering
From: "David J. Sourdis - HK1A" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:37:53 -0500
Hi, Steve

>From my experience on the DX side in the pile-up, I can tell you that it is
>very nice to have a 250 Hz filter available. You need the filter just because
>of that: everybody wants to contact you like crazy.

It is also handy if someone lands practically on top of your frequency, like
while in contest. Of course, you better move your PBT to pick calls and check
for off-frequency callers, a multiplier might be calling.

73

David
HK1A
EC5KXA
ex-HK1KXA

PS: Do you have a callsign?

> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 11:07:28 -0600
> To: topband@contesting.com
> From: hsmiller@awsllc.net
> Subject: Topband: Narrow Filtering
>
> In a contest (particularly in a contest),  it doesn't make sense to
> have filters any narrower than 500Hz.   Why should other stations
> have to work like crazy to get into YOUR notch?  We all have
> ears.  Is it that difficult to use the human filter that's between them?
> Steve

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK