Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering
From: GEORGE WALLNER <gwallner@the-beach.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:43:00 -0500
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:37:38 -0800
  "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com> wrote:
> During the recent contest, I was trying to work a
>station in
> Europe that was about 200 Hz below an east coast big
>gun.
> The big gun come back to me several times...

It got crazier than that for me. I was calling a European
station, adjusting the TX FRQ 20 Hz at a time trying to
get into his filter. I made three other QSO-s before I got
him: it was easier just give a report to whomever
(erroneously) replied to my call.

BTW, great conditions Friday night: lowest noise I've
heard in a long time. Did anybody else experience lower
than usual noise levels?

George, AA7JV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK