Re: Topband: T-antenna dimensions?

To: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T-antenna dimensions?
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 05:34:43 -0400

Mike Waters W0BTU wrote:

> Basically, I don't have trees on the hill far enough apart for the T-section,
> unless I fold it back on itself and/or load it with a hi-Q coil. I'll try and
> model that in EZNEC+, which I just purchased but haven't learned yet.
>

> Mike,

    A folded back multiwire top hat will give you a larger top hat area
and reduce the length required for the top wire.  This was a common
Marconi antenna idea in the 20's with two three and even four wires
folded back.  A spreader of 10 feet on each end of your supports allows
the construction of a much shorter top  hat. It is old school but works
and is better than the coil at the base.
> Herb, KV4FZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK