Re: Topband: Success!

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>, Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Success!
From: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:41:11 -0800 (PST)
> From: Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@gmail.com>
> Subject: Topband: Success!
> Date: Saturday, January 9, 2010, 12:52 AM
> Well, finally got myself on 160m  tonight.  I got the G5RV tuned up and
[snip]

Congratulations!

I'm doing it backwards: I put up the receiving antennas first.

Today, I finally fixed the one Beverage receiving antenna that wasn't working
as it should. That's all I have here -- two 580' bi-directional Beverages. Do
they ever play! I can hear most, if not all, of the stations spotted on the DX
cluster.

The next project is a transmitting antenna so I can work them.

If you have room, I strongly suggest Beverages. If not, perhaps a K9AY loop or
something similar.

73,
Mike Waters
W0BTU