Re: Topband: 160, what a night it was for me!

To: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160, what a night it was for me!
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:00:01 -0800
Mark Lunday wrote:
> Wow, what a night.  I jumped on 160 to see if I could struggle through a
> contact or two, maybe get lucky and work EU.  Worked RN3CT on the first

160 was amazing from the west coast last night, where I worked
EU on SSB, which is far more unusual than EU on CW from the east
coast.  But GM3PPG was heard on 1847 kHz SSB at 0912 and came back on
the first call.  It may have been past his sunrise, unless he is
quite far up north.

I also easily worked some EU stations on 80 CW.

I also observed (on 1500 kHz) that KSTP radio in MN (2000 miles
away) was coming in as well or better than I have ever heard it
on the NE beverage.  Interestingly, I seemed to have a pipeline
to MN in the recent ARRL 160 contest.

Rick N6RK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK