Topband: Pro3 problem

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pro3 problem
From: "Paul Beringer" <ng7z@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:48:39 -0800
I recently built a hard line coax loop for RX and am pretty happy with it.
However, my Pro3's RX antenna jack doesn't seem to have the feature to
disable RX during TX. So what's happening on the coax loop is that it's
getting RF back into the radio and causing the radio to disable power out.
Don't ask me about the details, I just know that when I pull the loop out of
the RX jack, I get full power out.
So what I'm thinking is a TX/RX gadget that isolates the RX jack during TX.
Maybe using the "SEND" jack on the radio for control. Or is it more
complicated than that.
I did a post on the Icom reflector also and was told that there is feedback
going to the RX circuits. N0AX suggested I post this problem here

Paul NG7Z

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK