Topband: Shunt fed T

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt fed T
From: "john" <jb@beaumonts.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 06:43:58 -0000
agree/understand. Is it not that a 2 wire tee you calculate the missing portion
of your vertical lets say I needed 127 ft for 1.83mhz and my vert is 82ft so
45ft too short, so lets say 60% of 45ft = 27ft I would need 2 top wires 27ft or
maybe 70% of 45ft = 2 x  31.5 ft.

Am I on the right lines, what if I use 4 wires the reason been its better for
guying and I thought the 4 shorter ones mean less cancellation of the vertical
radiator!! Obviously I can use 2 rope for the missing guys but I thought 4
wires may be better

I have not seen any info on using more than 2 wires at least not unless we look
at a horizontal capacity hat constucted with rods and wires.

regards HNY all
John Beaumont G4EIM
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK