Re: Topband: European SDR on 160M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: European SDR on 160M
From: "DF3CB" <bernd@df3cb.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:30:04 +0100
Frank,

imagine the following situation. Let's say DF3CB just has 4m stick in his
garden. He can hear North America well but knows that he actually will never
be able to make it over the pond on 160m with this small antenna. But his
signal can be heard at HB9FX which is just 300km away. DF3CB is never giving
up. One morning he hears VO1HP well and is calling him. VO1HP comes back and
DF3CB has worked his first-ever Canadian. At least he thinks so because he
doesn't know better. He submits his QSL at DXCC and - is cheating, too. But
he doesn't know, he acts in good faith.

Since I live 25km away from my radio station, I am fully remote controlling
it over the internet not to miss any DX. But I will never open the control
or the audio of my own station to the public.

73 Bernd DF3CB

"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX