Re: Topband: Top Band power line noise Signature or Fingerprint Techniqu

To: n4ii@arrl.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band power line noise Signature or Fingerprint Techniques
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:36:58 -0500
A neat program I use to do that here (and I have TONS of opportunities
to have to profile the noise) is Zelscope - which runs in Windows and
uses the soundcard interface you might already have on your rig for
digital applications, recordings, etc.  You can download a 30 day free
demo - and later buy the full copy for a whopping 10.00. Oscilloscope
and Spectrum analyzer and allows you to capture waveforms and save to
files.  I simulataneously record .wav files of the crud noise to go
along with the waveform snapshots, or you can Zelscope to watch the
sound files ..  Together with screen shots of the local weather and
time, it has been used by me with ARRL and their lab to pursue major
line issues here in NNJ and get past power company quick answers about
the noise - "coming from the operator's Bird Wattmeter element or his
push-on PL259's" ...     See  http://www.zelscope.com/

Pete W2PM