Re: Topband: : Re: JT1CO QSL

To: Kevin Schavee <n0cwrham@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: : Re: JT1CO QSL
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:28:38 -0400

Kevin Schavee wrote:
> "Wouldn't it be nice if we could help topbanders "
> LOTW means nothing to me.
> How did our QSO's get so trivial that a a nch on an ARRL server was ok?
> Real cards! Please.

I would be happy for a QSO alone....just to know I could break the
seemingly Auroral barrier.  My location in the Eastern Caribbean makes
the path at 5 degree chances between very very slim to none. I called
and called and called on 12/11/2009 when I finally could hear Chak but
then I had an equally impenetrable wall of NA stations.....one wall is
bad enough but try to get through two....well as Tony Soprano used to

Maybe LP with some skew is possible in a few years.  I'm not whining but
just trying for that rare zone and new country...and its fun doing it.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ