Topband: ARRL 160m Contest

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160m Contest
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:10:38 -0600
Hi folks,
I just got up after a bit of rest from the weekends activities. I sure could
have used some relief at the key, hint hint. I spent about 17 hours on the air,
but it was very rewarding.

Last year I won the WTX QRP with 45 Q's in 17 Sec and 1,448 points.

(yea yea yea, the fact that there were only a total of 5 entrys from WTX
and I was the only QRP entry may have helped a tiny bit) _sigh_

this year
drum roll please
\/ /\ \/ /\ \/
104 Q's in 38 Sec and 8,246 points

that's over double the Q's & Sec's over last year
(I can tell already next year is gonna be hell) :-)

I was running the same station as last year
Elecraft K2 running 5w X (1.3% efficient antenna) = 65mw ERP
into a 13 foot tall Hi-Q 5/160 screwdriver styled antenna
on the apartment roof at 20 feet with 16 radials, ea 13 foot long

only difference was,
this year I got serious and wanted to beat my last years score,
so I spent 17 hrs on the air,
as opposed to a casual 10 hours last year.

lets just hope no one else had the bright idea to enter WTX QRP
and had real antennas to work with.

I'm gonna drink a little Captain Morgan and go pass out (again).

/need rest
   _brain_ non functioning item
   delete or reboot?
   ......... zzzzZZZ