Re: Topband: insulated vs:bare radial wires

To: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: insulated vs:bare radial wires
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:22:14 -0500
The length of radials on the ground doesn't matter except that you need
to remember the ground currents are highest nearer to the vertical.
Many 50-75 foot radials will be fine, insulated or not.
I have about 40 insulated radials with lengths from 1/4 wave down to 50
feet or so. Works fine.

Les W2LK