Re: Topband: automotive relays

To: "Brad Rehm" <bradrehm@gmail.com>, "Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: automotive relays
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:29:49 -0500
Hi Guys,

Re. automotive relays, my question to you all is simply this: why "buy",
when a trip to ANY nearby automotive re-cycling depot (a.k.a. "...the
junkyard") will yield all manner of relays from most any year / manufacture
of vehicle...and for the "...right price", too!

Wrecking yards have all kinds of inspirational goodies: I removed an old
seat belt buzzer from a car once & attached a 9-volt battery to it...

All taped-up, it's the ideal weight for casting fishing lines up select tree
limbs for wire antennas...and best of all, the constant buzzing of the thing
makes it very easy to find the end of the fishing line when it's buried in
the thicket that's all around here!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ