Topband: Coax Choke Balun

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Coax Choke Balun
From: "Bill Gillenwater" <gillie@pa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:58:28 -0500
I need some suggestions, or the "go-ahead". I am getting ready to wrap 30 turns
of RG213 around a 14" piece of 8" round PVC, for use as a choke on my inverted
L.  Is there a better way? I currently have an old choke that is 15 turns of
RG213 which is taped together and not wrapped on a form. I am still getting
some RF on the feedline and I wanted to make a new balun according to the
antenna books.

tnx 73 Bill K3SV