Re: Topband: RF exposure/FS calculator? How big is your property for no

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RF exposure/FS calculator? How big is your property for no RFI to neighbours?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:35:17 -0800
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:11:14 -0400, Mike & Coreen Smith wrote:

>A ham friend is plagued by causing QRM  to his neighbours TV's (mostly
>cable, some satellite users and maybe a rabbit ear or two)

You need to raise this question on the RFI reflector. Also, study my RFI
tutorial. It addresses many of the issues your friend is encountering.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Since RFI is way off topic on this reflector, and since I've gone into
considerable detail in the tutorial, I'll stop here. BTW, I also wrote
some stuff for the ARRL Handbook that includes detailed advice for
chasing problems with CATV, but the in-house RFI guys didn't like it, so
it hasn't been published. You might ask them to send it to you.

Regards,

Jim