Re: Topband: TX3A this morning

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TX3A this morning
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:37:45 -0800
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:17:50 -0700, Art wrote:

>It seemed to me TX3A was having receive troubles just like we
>were,

The problem was VERY deep QSB, more rapid than we are used to on
160M. Here in Santa Cruz, he was 599 on peaks, 339 or less on
dips. When I called (my call twice) he was strong, he gave me a
report, and by the time I was sending his report QSB had nulled
the path so that he didn't even hear me. He sent K9YC?, was in
the mud here, I repeated his report a couple of times, and
signals were back up by the time he acknowledged it. All this
happening very quickly.

He also had bad QRN, and took a one hour QSY to 80M around 10Z.

73,

Jim K9YC