Topband: Ground Radials & Multi-Element Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ground Radials & Multi-Element Antennas
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:03:23 -0500
Good Day All,

I've seen ground radial lay-out patterns beneath multi-element vertical
arrays illustrated in ON4UN's book that have the ground systems all
inter-connected, thus "commonizing" the radial system for all of the
elements in the array...

My 3-element inverted "L" employs a total of twenty-four 1/8-wave long
radials beneath each element: these are NOT inter-connected, however, beyond
the common shield jacket / ground of the coaxial cables in the system.

In the opinion of the ghurus reading this, would there be any distinct, or
noticeable, advantage in my interconnecting at least one radial from each
"L", to the next, in the triangle that they're arranged...?

It'd mean some gymnastics here to get the deed done because of the "...lay
of the land"(!), & I wonder if the exercise would really & truly be worth
the effort...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ