Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH##$!@@!!

To: Edward Swynar <gswynar@durham.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH##$!@@!!
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:30:12 +0000 (UTC)
Let me add my pet peeve.

I'm not a heavy dury contester. Mu goal is not to get on the top of the
leaderboard or rack up points but to get meaningful signal reports from to
determine if my latest antenna modifications are working. Apparently, there is
an unwritten rule to send 59 or 599 instead of realistic reports. Besides being
meaningless this is noise because it doesn't convey any information.

Has this always been the case or is this a recent development? I've mentioned
thsi to some contesters and theadmonish me not to rock the boat.

I laso agree with Eddy. Callsigns should be exchanged for every QSO.

Mike, N2MS