Re: Topband: Improve efficiency?

Subject: Re: Topband: Improve efficiency?
From: Ross Primrose <n4rp@aiko.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:49:11 +0000
Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> If I were Lew, unless he's clearly maxed out on RX and done all he can do,
> I'd set pat on those TX antennas and concentrate on RX antennas.  On 160 it
> is often reported that there are people hearing our CQ's and calling that we
> are not hearing, that's WE'RE NOT HEARING.
>
> The real secret to top band is being the guy who can always hear and work
> the QRP ops.

As one of those QRP ops, I've wondered how much I'm hurting myself by
not having any RX antennas yet. Given that I'm only pushing 5W, how
close am I to being able to hear every one who can hear me with only a
160m horizontal loop at 40' and a 3/8 wave inverted L with about 70'
vertical over 56 75' radials. All in the trees, just so we're still
on-topic ;-)

73, Ross N4RP

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”