Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:37:02 -0500
Yes, there is an East Coast advantage in the 160M contests. That's the way
it is ... the location of global population centers is hard to change.

Greater emphasis on regional results is one way to deal with it. I plan to
expand on this in the 2009 ARRL 160M Contest writeup. Thanks to N6TR and
colleagues, I can finally highlight new records at the Section and Region
level.

Sure, reasoned discourse (umm... arguing and complaining) is fun, but I
suggest that we simply enjoy the huge boost in activity during contests.
Chase DX, finish WAS, check out a new antenna. If you're more competitive,
set a goal for improvement at whatever level you prefer -- anywhere from a
"horse race" with your buddy across town to the Top Ten list.

73, Gary
K9AY