Topband: don't bother us we are working europe

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: don't bother us we are working europe
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:00:17 -0700 (PDT)
And it's why many W6/W7 operators don't bother
> getting on the air
> for these contests -- while we can HEAR east coast stations
> loud and clear
> hours before our sunset, they don't hear us (or don't WANT
> to hear us)
> because they're listening NE for Qs that yield a lot more
> points. I'd bet
> that there are far more east coast Beverages aimed NE than
> are aimed W.

> It's no fun calling S9
> east coast stations
> who don't want to work you and continually CQ in your face.

How true   so often they are transmitting on antennas that are sending loud
signals out this way but listening on directional antennas that don't pick up
the left coast  It can be very frustrating

For that matter a lot of the carribean stations come in loud and clear around
sunset but can't be worked until 3 or 4 hours later  often their signals are
significantly weaker then but they can be worked on the first call   I expect
they are "beaming" north with their listening antennas early on

73
N7DF