Re: [RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:02:36 -0400
Hi Ed,

I would tend to favor a dedicated 160M contest before integrating top band to
existing contest formats. I know for one that I already have a rough time
trying to keep up on 40 and 80M from limited location, I couldn't even start
thinking about figuring out an antenna system (that works)  for 160. I think a
good chunk of contesters are in a similar situation and this would probably
just open the gap even more between top stations and ...the rest of us :)

I would give a 160M contest an honest try and see in time how to improve the
setup for more competitiveness. I don't know how many of you regularly
experience unwelcomed behavior on 40M during a contest and if so what would the
reaction be on 160?  times 4? Hope not...

My two cents, 73

Fabi va2up