Re: Topband: K4M 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K4M 160m
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:46:53 -0600
Herb Schoenbohm wrote:

> A more direct comparison would be the awesome performance of FT5XO from
> the same region on 160. Night after night they were providing TB's with
> at least a chance for a super rare country. With FT5GA, most of us never
> had a chance and probably won't for a long long time..

Yes, the FT5XO operation was well-run, with great operators and at least good
antennas. However, I will point out that no 160 meter QSO's were made with the
southcentral and southwestern USA - the strip through Texas, New Mexico and
Arizona. I could be mistaken on this, but I don't even think any 80 meter QSO's
were made from those states, either.

Location, location, propagation.

73,
Steve, N2IC/5