Topband: top band REQUIRES real estate ??

To: topband@lists.contesting.com
Subject: Topband: top band REQUIRES real estate ??
From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
I guess if you insist on being a 'big gun'..work everything on the first call,
and hear
stuff nobody else can...

but, I have been having a ball with 1/2 acre in a restricted subdivision = NO
TOWERS.

a wire T marconi, 40' tall by 120 long, hung between trees for tx (virtually
invisible)
over a modest 25 fifty foot long radials squeezed into a 20 x 100' side yard.

with help from K7TJR, a mini 4square for Rx made with flat black 'crappie
stalkers'
from Academy Sports (also virtually invisible) virtually on the edges of my lot

96 countries worked in less than 1 year. a LONG ways away from any salt water
in north east texas. NOT in the florida keys, or coastal Maine..

the man-made noise is something else...24/7...but remarkably enough i have NO
rfi complaints from neighbors with 1.5 kw out (well, WHEN the homebrew amp is
working...)

having more fun than ever.

so NO, you dont have to be a real estate baron to have fun on 160...

FWIW

73, W5XZ, dan, longview texas