Re: Topband: Base Loaded 160 Meter Vertical Vs. Helically Wound Vertical

To: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>, "topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Base Loaded 160 Meter Vertical Vs. Helically Wound Vertical.
From: "Petr Ourednik" <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:14:08 +0200
Bob,

I am not guru but big losses provided by base loading coils are
unwanted.
If loading coils then I prefer to put it on the top of the vertical
using it together with top hat > like Rob, VK3ZL used for several years.
The question is if the performance/efficiency will be better if the
helical design will be used instead of it. (K6MM or so)

TB friend > am I right?

73 - Petr, OK1RP