Re: Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)
From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:38:57 +0100
From: Mike & Coreen Smith <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009   Time: 19:09:36

>Will a simple filter like this be sufficient to allow (for example) an
>AA-200, AIM-4170 or a MFJ-269 to work on 160m
>or is there more to it? http://www.iceradioproducts.com/filtersrf.html#bcb

Mike,

Looking at the response of the 402/402x filter, I really wonder if it
works as good as it looks. The response appears to be flat down to about
1.7MHz, then it turns the corner and falls off a cliff. I suspect the
corner is in actuality much more rounded, and you will lose several dB
towards the bottom end of top band.

Maybe it's worth homebrewing a filter to notch out the offending BC
station(s).

--
73
Ian, G3NRW