Topband: Conditions this morning 04/10

To: "TopBand-list" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions this morning 04/10
From: "f8bpn" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 18:56:27 -0000
Hi All,

Not bad report about the conditions last night on 160. I was up to listen to
FT5GA around 0030z, they was not on at this time, I decided to call CQ and
worked a few East US and Canadian stations with nice signals. I thought,
this is a good omen! I heard they worked F6BKI, a friend of mine, and a few
others stations, but the time I ajusted everything to get the best
listening, they were gone QSY on 80m. What a shame!!! I heard them very
well, weak, but clear, on 80, not even a peep!.
Conditions were not extremly strong, but I decided to call CQ again, some
signals were really in the noise, the K9AY didn't help at all on the
receiving. Why? I am not clever enought in that business to know the reason,
but on the inverted L with the notch and after removing the AGC, I could get
out of the noise about 40 calls all over USA. I worked W6OAR from CA
after several trials! at last we did it, he was even good 559.
I logged several station from UT, AZ,CO, NM, IN, IA, OH, TX, MI, NY, PA, NC,
WI, MA, NH...
Then it was time to get some more sleep... it was sunrise!
Sory for all who called me and I couldn't get out of the noise. The closer
we got from sun rise, noise was improving more and more.
A lot of stations worked, it was nice to hear and work some familiar calls,
But still need ID and HI! Thanks to W7MEM for trying, unfortunately it was
not succesful.
My job and my family are taking a big part of my time, but I'll be active as
much as I can this season, and sure I'll be on for the Stew Perry at the end
of december.
See you on the band and finaly not hurry to see the sunspots increasing...

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau
f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ph-martin/f8bpn