Topband: Noise Cancellation Options?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Noise Cancellation Options?
From: "Walter Miller, AJ6T" <aj6t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 00:16:48 -0700
My new 160m sloping "T" transmit antenna seems to be working well, and
now I need to attack the local RX noise problem (again).  A small
shielded loop and K9AY help somewhat, but reception is still overwhelmed
by noise at my QTH.  I have tried both the MFJ-1025 and MFJ-1026 noise
cancellers with an external noise pickup antenna but I have not been
able to achieve a null, even with equal S-meter readings from the main
and noise antennas.  I am aware that Timewave sells their model ANC-4
with similar specifications (but no hard keying capability).  Are there
any other noise cancellation options to consider?  Due to recent
construction in the previously-empty field near my shack, Beverages are
no longer possible here.  Are some of you using the ANC-4 with success?

73, Walt, AJ6T

Database version: 6.13380