Re: Topband: Antenna Modeling needed 160 vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Modeling needed 160 vertical
From: "Clive GM3POI" <gm3poi2@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:07:51 -0000
Hi Ed,
     I would make the antenna self resonant at 1.9mhz  then
adjust it using a hairpin coil across the feed point. You
only really need to use two loading wires and I use
Stainless steel about 2mm Diameter. I got eyes swaged at the
mast ends and they just bolt to a U bolt. This will take any
Wx that is thrown at it. I think 14 AWG CU will break at
some time. My SS has not yet in 10 years. Eznec says try
about 39ft per side loading with the ends at about 60ft. the
raising and lowering of the ends should give you adjustment
on Frequency as well as the hairpin. 73 Clive GM3POI