Re: Topband: InfoK9AY Phased array and EWE posible problem.

To: "'La7tha'" <la7tha@tussa.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: InfoK9AY Phased array and EWE posible problem.
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:10:45 -0400
Hi Rune,
I found that if I used an insulated wire on the ground between the
termination point and the feed point and lifted the connections to the
ground rods the performance seems to improve compared to another EWE I put
up in the same direction. I guess it is kind of an off-center fed Flag
antenna.
The Pennants seem to be lower noise but of course less gain than the
off-center fed EWE and the regular EWE. I tend to use the Pennants more than
the EWES.

73,
N2TK, Tony