Topband: Voltage rating of matching capacitor(s)

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Voltage rating of matching capacitor(s)
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:58:55 -0400
My shunt-fed tower requires an Omega match in order to get a good
feedpoint SWR.  My current Omega match has 3000-volt air variables in
both positions.  I understand the calculation for the voltage across a
single series capacitor, but not how to calculate it for this matching
system.  I have never run over 200 watts to this antenna, and am
wondering what will happen with QRO.  Can someone explain the calculation?

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

Pete Smith