Re: Topband: Beverage Feed Line Choke Installation

To: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Feed Line Choke Installation
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:48:04 -0700
On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:33:38 -0400, Bill Tippett wrote:

> Either type will work, but the DXE style choke can be made
>using mix 73 binocular cores costing $0.429 each, instead of $15 each:

Ground rods are now $21 at my local hardware store, and depending on
where you live, getting another one into the ground can be a challenge.

The effectiveness of chokes wound on mix 73 degrades signifcantly above
80 meters. My chokes are still pretty good on 20M, and my DXE
reversibles (with DXE preamp) are still working fine on 20M.

73,

Jim K9YC